Every Hour in America 58 teenagers will attempt suicide; 1 will succeed.
You are alive today for a reason. God has a plan for your life. Before you were ever formed in your mother's womb, God knew you (Jeremiah 1:5). God loves you and He has a purpose for your life. The Bible says in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope".
You are not alone. No matter what you are going through you can call on the name of Jesus and the darkness around you has to leave. Jesus Christ paid a great price for you to have an abundant life. Not a life filled with regret, depression, anxiety, and fear. He gave His own life for us to be free. He was willing to allow men to crucify Him to a rugged cross, so that we may live. He is standing at the right hand of God our Father in heaven right now praying for us.
Right now you have a very important decision to make. The Bible says in Deuteronomy 30:19 "I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life that you and your descendants may live". It is your choice. Nobody can make you choose, not even God. He has given you a free will to make choices and make decisions. Choose to live. Choose to get help. There is hope.
If you need peace, if you need to be free from bad thoughts that keep coming to your mind, turn to Jesus. Right now, wherever you are call on Jesus. Talk to Him. He is listening. He sees what you're going through.
Steps to having a relationship with Jesus Christ:
- Acknowledge that you are a sinner and that we all fall short of the glory of God. Romans 6:23a "…The wages of sin is death…"
- Understand that salvation is a free gift of God to you. It is nothing that we can earn or deserve. You can choose to receive this free gift. Romans 5:8 "…But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord".
- Repent for your sins. The word repent means to feel regret for a deed. Ask God to forgive you for the sins you've committed. Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"
You must believe that Jesus is the eternal Son of God. Believe He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He was crucified, willingly shedding His blood for the redemption of mankind and forgiveness of sins to all who receive His sacrifice. He was crucified, dead, and buried. On the third day He rose from the dead with a glorified body, appeared to His disciples, ascended to heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, bringing reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to complete His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever-present Lord.
- Surrender your life to Him and ask Jesus to come in your heart. Romans 10:13 "Whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved!"
Romans 10:9-10 "…If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
Pray this prayer from your heart.
I confess that I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ is your son and that he died on the cross for me because He loves me. I ask you to forgive my sins and come into my heart. I ask you to come and live inside my heart, be my Savior and my Lord. I surrender the best way I know how and I give you my life. I give you my past, my present, and my future. I believe that on the third day you rose from the dead and you are in heaven with Father God. I believe that you are coming back for your people and I want to be ready when you come. By faith I receive this free gift of salvation and I thank you that I belong to you now. My name is written in the Book of Life! Teach me how to live for you. Thank you Jesus! Amen.
1. You need to look for a local church where God's word is preached. The Bible says that we are to desire God's word like a newborn baby desires a mother's milk.
1 Peter 2:2 … as newborn babies, desire the pure milk of the word that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
Aren't you hungry to know the truth?
2. Water baptism is one of the ways you first show that you have been joined to Jesus. This is an action, and actions will not save you. However, it is an act of obedience and a symbol of commitment.
The symbolism is this:
- When you go down in the water you show that you have been crucified and buried with Him,
- And when you come up out of the water you show that you have been raised to walk with Him in newness of life. (See Romans chapter 6)
3. Open the Bible and begin reading. God will help you. He loves you. Begin in the gospel of Matthew. Read a little at a time or a lot. It's up to you. Just read every day and watch how God begins to change things around in your life for your good!
4. It is important to spend time with the Lord everyday by talking to Him. Pray every day and thank Him for what He has done and is doing in your life!
5. Tell others about what Jesus has done in your life!
- You have been born again. (See John chapter 3)
- Your body has become God's temple.
- Your heart is where He lives.
- You are forgiven.
- You belong to Jesus now!
If you meant that from you heart, then you are born again. That means that you are brand new. God has not only forgiven you but he forgets your sin. It is as if it never happened. You belong to Jesus now. If you prayed this, call us and let us know (225) 665-Hope (4673).
Image © Dutourdumonde | Dreamstime.com – Tribute To Amy Winehouse Photo